Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Happy Blogaversary to me!

So it's been a year! I was tied up all day yesterday, which was the actual one year date, so I'm posting today. I started off the blog with this poem I wrote in 1993; most of you have read this before, but this plea of mine is still how I feel, so it's worth repeating.
A year . . . I've kinda wandered in several directions with this blog, and been rather unfocused at times, but hey, that's me. I have better intentions than I end up implementing, but that's me too.
Break out the non-alcoholic drinks, and party! That is, if my presence in the blogosphere is worth celebrating . . . (how pathetic is that, that I'm fishing for validation!!!) Well, I know I'm worth it, anyway! I think. I hope. Lol!
hear me
Do you hear my silent cries?
Are you listening for them?
Do you see the emptiness inside
where anger howls and batters away
inside me where pain is all
and frustration threatens to drown
all that I am and drain me away?
Do you see my dread to reveal too much
of who I am lest you recoil
from my ugliness that I fear
you will see inside me?
Please see some spark in me worth saving,
that I might have an anchor
in the midst of a churning,
storm-tossed sea, helpless
against the onslaught of fear
that looms and threatens to devour
my identity and my choices
of who I want to be.
As I try to withstand the
hurricane-force winds that shatter,
and scatter the shards of my
pain-wracked soul beyond my
trembling reach, please hear my
silent, desperate plea for succor
in my time of need and hopeless hoping
that perhaps someone may
nurture my anguished spirit and
hold my fragile heart in careful,
tender hands, with much Love and
Patience to endure me through
my trials and rejoice with me
as I discover precious eternal
truths.
- Copyright 1993 Sara J.P.(F.), July

8 comments:

Dr. A said...

Congrats! Thumbs up! High fives everywhere! Keep on blogging...

HP said...

Happy Blogaversary! Great poem - being a newcomer to your blog, I hadn't seen it before. YOur blog always makes for great reading.

Anonymous said...

found your blog via Rhonna's- happy blog-a-versary!

Love this that you posted about your layouts:
So, the pages! "Part of me is wondering, ok, cutting out from magazines, and slapping them and stickers on journal pages . . . how kindergarten IS that, anyway??? How stupid?? But then the other part of me says, Shuddup, I'm having fun, so there"

I completely love, love, love that "shuddup, i'm having fun!" ....that's so what it's all about, isn't it....i'm having fun!

I think i need to imprint that on my brain today, or maybe post-it notes all over the house. thanks for the great reminder! :)

Anonymous said...

hi again, i posted a link to your blog on mine- hope that's ok :)

http://robynlewis.typepad.com/here__there/2006/08/perfect_swirlyd.html

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so glad that I happenened to see your comments at one of the group blogs once upon a time and from there found a link to your blog here. :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog via a reply on another that you left a month ago in regards to starting after thirty. How's that for an extremely long and complicated sentence? ;)

I trust you'll know what I'm talking about and yes - I started after thirty too. Yes, it's also frustrating to find so many articles related to teens only. If you ever wanna talk or share information, you can email me via my website.

And CONGRATS on your anniversary!!!

Sending good thoughts.

Sarebear said...

yes, I do. And thanks for linking me! I'll link you, but it may be awhile before I push thru the procrastination to update my links. Lol!

I'm not the most reliable person, but I try.

Sarebear said...

Oh, that link thing was about Robyn, but I'll link you too, Gurl!