Friday, November 04, 2005

Anyhoo, Back At The Ranch . . . .

Actor Crush of the Day: Hugh Laurie (I just discovered he's Mr. Palmer in Sense & Sensibility . . . . even MORE reason to love that movie!)

Anyone else use the word "Anyhoo"? Or admit to it, anyway? I really relaxed today in therapy and kicked back, and just had fun. I even told some psych jokes. And he hadn't heard them before. He thought the one about Santa needing to believe in himself, instead of depending on others believing in him, was the funniest!

So, anyhoo, raise your hand if you say Anyhoo.

So I used that word for the first time in therapy. It's amazing how much we censor out fun and quirky aspects of our personality when we feel like we are under other people's microscopes. The world looks rather harshly on silliness and unfettered exuberance. But that's ME.

I'm going to learn to not give a spit if the world, or its inhabitants that put me under a microscope, think this stuff is stupid. Think I am stupid. What do they know, anyway? I can learn to be ME, and being me is just DANDY thank you very much.

I hate when people get on their high horses and just look down their noses at you, all superior-like. That microscope thing is mostly about making you feel inferior to them. But I'm going to learn to not buy into that. I can be whoever I want, microscopes be damned.

Picture me, as a little amoeba, shaking my "fist" at the big bad nerd looking down through the microscope. Not gonna do it, anymore. We are all the same size. In other words, we are all the SAME, worth-wise. We are all sons and daughters of Heavenly Father, and that MEANS that no ONE person of us is any BETTER than any other. Anyone who thinks they are better than you, is forgetting that principle, if they ever knew it in the first place. Which some didn't, but even if they aren't religious, there's other analogies for everyone being equal.

So. I Rock! And I ain't gonna be held down by the Man, or the Woman, ANYMORE! At least, I'm gonna work on it anyway. WOOOOO! Yay for me. Teehee!

5 comments:

bettyrae said...

Good for you! I hope you can stick with that attitude. Been trying to tell you that you that for a long time. You are who you are and as long as you are satisfied then what the rest of the world thinks doesn't matter!
Love you!!

Holly said...

Keep up with that attitude because you are wonderful person and a daughter of God who loves you completely. I struggled for a long time accepting who I am because of the verbal abuse I got and continue to get from my family, but I know I am someone special and that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me for who I am. I hold onto these truths whenever my family tries to pull me down to their level when they verbally abuse me. It is hard, but I have a wonderful husband who helps me remember who I am. Sara, you are so wonderful and I am so grateful that you are a part of my life. I just wish I could help you see how truly wonderul you are.

Sarebear said...

Thanks guys.

I appreciate it.

It is working for me, today. It may not work for me tomorrow, or for a long time. My mood shifts aren't just shifts of mood, they are shifts of perception; shifts in your base of where you are coming from in interacting with the world. I may shift into a state of mind from where this post of today doesn't make any sense, and/or doesn't fit with what the reality of my experience has been, as interpreted (as everyone interprets, based on their frame of mind that they interact with the world with) by my frame/state of mind.

Still, it is an encouraging sign. Yippee. But don't see me as a failure, or as not having enough strength of character to stick to it, as being to weak to be able to stick to it, if I do not always feel that way. That's just a concern I wanted to put out there.

I SO appreciate your support and kindnesses. Thank you guys. I need it.

Anonymous said...

I love your sense of humor. Also, I am glad that you say that we are all equal. I get so nervous around people that I perceive to have more prestige. I have a particular fear of authority. One of my supervisors goes out of her way to be nice to me. I am still shy around her. However, with my friends, I can be laid back and have fun!

LizzieDaisy said...

Awww... just what they said. You're a wonderful friend and mother. I'm so glad I've met you!! :)