Wednesday, April 02, 2008

An Approximation of What My Psychiatrist Looks Like


Mr. & Mrs. Pump
Originally uploaded by David Clow - Maryland
I was browsing through Flickr one day, when I happened upon this fine photo of some "dressed up" gasoline pumps.

Amusing, colorful, bright, and fun, I thought, for such usually mundane objects.

I do not mean any of this to imply that my psychiatrist is gassy, nor full of hot air, although he does tend to go on and on . . . .but that isn't why this photo reminded me of him.

The more prominent gasoline pump, the masculine one, if you will - the one on the left, in the foreground - a closer representation of my psychiatrist in gas station pumpery I daresay you will never find.

Save for the fact that this particular pump is represented in what appears to be a, perhaps, 70's style "leisure suit", which my psychiatrist has not been seen to wear in my presence (I do not think any clothing that even involves the word "suit" has passed his way in quite some time, but then again, I only see him at his office, so how do I know!), it represents him rather well . . . . .

He's kinda hippie-ish, although he doesn't exactly dress like a hippie. His hair kinda fits that, hippie-ish thing, though.

Anyway, if you wanted to know what my psychiatrist looks like, there you go.

3 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sara, you make me laugh! :)-Barb

Rach said...

LOL... my shrink has a hitler type moustache going on... it's kinda 1986...