Monday, April 14, 2008

Just a Quackie

I don't want the kind of hits I'd get if I titled the post something else, so I borrowed Shrink Rap's duck for a few. I don't think they mind . . .

Anyway, perhaps more later, if I haven't lost MY mind first.

Tomorrow's schedule is looking a bit nuts.

8:00 am - psychologist (technically today he is still on vacation, but given the circumstances, he called me back and even would have seen me today but our answering machine light didn't show the new msg so by the time I got his later call it was too late to be seen today - because of extenuating circumstances he was more than willing to get me in as soon as we could. Weds. I'd be groggy and less than 24 hrs since surgery, probably too soon, because here's the next part of the schedule -

8:50-9:00 Finish appt. (Sometimes he gives the extra time, highly likely this time given situation.)

9-10 am run a few last minute errands perhaps, drop state taxes off in the mail (that I'm finishing up in a few minutes from now {today/Monday}, although of course I'll be e-filing the federal}, because I've been afraid to address the stupid out of the normal back pay SSI stuff, broken down into three separate years which I finally have the information regarding the individual amounts by year, received recently.

11:30 - Show up to Ortho Surgical Center (Hopefully be in surgery by 12:30? Not sure how long before I am?)

Not sure what happens next, besides the pain part.

Weds. my parents are up to help, as my hubby has to work. Tues my MIL is there waiting with my hubby as they operate, also one of the two can get dd from school . . . . . Yay for family!!!!

Thursday I have a psychiatrist appointment. That's gonna be fun. More pain. In the knee, I mean, if I wasn't clear.

Lots of appointments! And lots of stuff all at once. I may have more later, maybe.

Making lots o'calls today. Besides thank goodness for family, thank goodness for an empathetic psychologist, who is willing to work with me in an unusual situation at the end of his vacation to get me seen, especially with a lot of potentials for panic attacks ramping up that I've been fighting (have some things/strategies and plans in place and activities and other stuff I might talk about later today, or some other time, about what I have thought through and planned to help fight that panic as I sit there at the clinic, waiting, etc., . . . . hopefully these helps will be helpful!!!!)

TTFN, Perhaps Later.

If I don't "see" you guys again though until after my knee thing, wish me luck (yeah, it's only an arthroscopy, but to me I have this maze of fears and all sorts of things I have to fight and plan out and fight and figure out if I can handle and stuff . . . it's not JUST a routine thing, for me . . . . it's a whole host of a bunch of things I have to deal with, for me. A whole bunch of battles, that I have to face and fight and march through, and fight, and and and etc.

See ya!

4 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Good luck with the surgery.

Sarebear said...

Thanks Deb. I am here, the news from inside my knee is grim, but the plans I had made that I didn't have to set aside for one reason or another, to help me counter panic attacks as I waited w/family before the surgery, worked perfectly, and colorfully as well (Pictures of the final result of the creation will be posted when done).

Thanks for your concern and message - it means alot to me.

I have a post-op concern that I'll call them if it doesn't happen before my post-op appt. next Monday, but other than that I seem to be progressing ok! I even made it to the psychiatrist today and back ok, w/hubby's help as always of course, just slow and a bit "off" due to the painkiller . . . so the interview was a bit different than usual, lol!

Anonymous said...

Sara, I hope everything is going okay with you. My little sister had knee surgery years ago. She was naiive and thought she could study for exams during the time. She was so drained that she needed to just focus on resting.

You have a great psychologist!--Barb

Anonymous said...

Sara, I hope that you are doing okay. I know it takes time for your knee to heal. Take it easy! ((hugs)) Barb