Friday, November 17, 2006

Hasta la Vista, Iatrist!

I told him mebbe I'd start to look for a shrink in January, and he started to rip into me. I was like WTH? Cause one of the options he said in his letter was having gp maintain meds. Which, I know isn't an option long-term, or even medium-term. I mention this, and he's like noooooo. He says I need a shrink. Well, yeah, I knew that. So then I tell him I was thinking about January, maybe, to start looking, and he's like noooooo. Look now. He gets all ruffled about how this is why he sent out his letters two months ago, so early, so his patients would have someone lined up, and how it often is 2-3 months before a shrink can work you into his schedule, as a new patient or whatnot.

It's not my fault I couldn't read his mind. Besides, I don't know that I'm up for looking for a shrink right now, anyway. It's not like this one has been there for me; I've had to have my GP write prescriptions most of the time lately anyway, since I've not been able to get ahold of my shrink; even when I DID get ahold of him, it was really only the secretary. I hated all the back and forth thru the secretary to discuss an urgent matter with him. I'll be asking potential shrinks if that's how they do things as a matter of course, too. UGH.

Anyway. I am now shrinkless. That sounds funny . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find a shrink that is not only skilled at prescribing medication but also has a more laidback manner.