Tuesday, December 27, 2005

New Year's at the Zoo and Other Stuff

Actor Crush of the Day: Ben Affleck (Pearl Harbor, I just love a man in uniform)

I'm considering taking us up to the zoo on Monday. Hub will have the day off, as will Emily. I'm curious to see if the polar bears like it any better in the winter, than they do in the summer!

Of course, it'll be COLD! But what the hey. Hopefully this "milder" winter weather will hang in there. I love having this zoo pass, knowing we can go whenever circumstance has the Ems and the Hub off at the same time. Thanks again, YOU!

We can always take refuge in the reptile house. Whee!

I had a really, really good ologist session today. Too bad I didn't have a tape. I highly recommend him to anyone, even if you aren't ill like me, say just for working through some difficult event in your life, getting over it and such. He is a GREAT pyschologist. Very soothing, laid back, mild, calming, accepting, understanding, and patient. And very capable.

On a different note, I've lent from the library a movie called "My Neighbor Totoro", which is an anime (but not Yu-Gi-Oh-like, or that, it isn't over-exaggerated like that) by the master of the art in Japan, Miyazaki. Miyakawa? Miyazakawi? Crap! I can't remember his name right.

The story has alot of heart, and I love seeing it set in the Japanese countryside, with the rice paddies and the differences from their culture to ours. And stuff.

I was pleased with it, except for a scene where the girls are bathing with their father. I guess that may be normal over there, but it is not, here. So I'll fast-forward through that for Emily.

I look forward to checking out some more, although the few the library system here has were all checked out, except this one.

Gorgeous animation (well, I thought the dad's hair was too floofy/anime-ish, and perhaps the girls's eyes were also, and the neighbor boy, EESH. Especially his cartoonish hair or lack thereof. Yeah, I know it's animation, but still.

I loved how this movie showed the wonder and fun of being a child, and exploring, and such.

I'll finish up my never-posted Thanksgiving post, and write up Christmas, sometime soon. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Back to go rest. I'm high as a kite and beaten down pessimistic at the same time. MIXED state, UGHHHh.

Bye!

1 comment:

bettyrae said...

Sounds like a fun outing - you really should do it!!!