Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Small Miracles

Actor Crush of the Day: Liam Neeson (He sounds good as a Lion, doesn't he?

Thank goodness for small miracles. Like dissassembled cardboard boxes.

I am picturing the ? above each of your heads right now. Lol.

Okay, so you all know I panic easily.

Well, I was in the kitchen, doing some things, when I knocked a plate off the dishwasher and it shattered all over the floor! I was in my barefeet, and the broom was at the other end of the kitchen. And I was too far from the living room to reach it.

I was cornered!

At first I thought, well, there's got to be some way out of this. But then, I realized, the only way I could see was to walk out through the multitude of shards and slivers of white-and-ivy Corningware glass strewn about the floor.

That idea did not appeal to me.

Panic rising, I cast about for some other solution. There was no way I could reach the broom, to sweep myself a path.

I was about to start treading through the floor of glass, when my eyes laid to rest upon a flattened box partially slid behind the tall baker's rack-style microwave "cart" (not really a cart, but what else do you call it?)

Salvation! I leaned way over, because I was at about the limit of my reach from it, and plucked my saving grace from its ignomious resting place. I unfurled the cardboard "miracle" in front of me like a red carpet rolling forth in front of the highest of society; I cautiously placed my feet upon the path, and was able to thus reach the broom.

I still could not reach the living room, but I now proceeded to sweep every part of the kitchen except that beneath my path; I could JUST reach the farthest corners! I swept everything over into a pile beside the garbage, and then gingerly began to fold up a section of the path at a time, sweeping each space clear before proceeding to the next.

I finally folded up the box and set it aside, grateful for the miracle it had been. Silly though that may sound, how would YOU have gotten out of a glass-strewn kitchen, barefoot, with no tables or counters or anything to crawl upon to save your feet from diaster?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so fortunate! :)

Anonymous said...

momsaid . . . Good job, Sara! Good story, too! I love your way with words!