Thursday, July 06, 2006

IF I can find a ride, I can go to appt tomorrow.

I scheduled the wrong day for hubby to have the morning off, today. So's I need to find a ride, and the usual suspects have plans.

I am armed with everything I need, including an unrepresented medical records release form, that refers, in legalese, but clearly, to specific sections of HIPAA. He has 30 days to release em.

Thing is, I suspect he's going to fight it anyway, and insist it go to SSA or lawyer, but it needs to come to ME so that it goes through a certain process of review and discussion before they get mailed off to the administrative law judge or wherever it goes.

He's also insisting patients can't just request their records, so's they can have copies just to keep for themselves. I'm kinda like, well, I have a purpose, and a special release I'm signing that goes through all that legalese rigmarole, but nowhere in my readings of HIPAA and the interpretations of it by the APA and research done on it by my state Attorney General's office, does it say you have to have a specific purpose for them. They all reiterate a patient's rights.

AND the APA interpretation spells out in plain English, what he can hold back, and what he has to release (diagnoses, prognosis, progress, and other stuff). American Psychiatric Association . . . they went through it and made this document to explain it particularly to the point of view of psychiatrists . . .

Anyhoo, so I'm armed, and dangerous! (Um, no plans to be to self, or anything, although I am in alot of distress and am seeking (but so far not finding) extra medical/mental help.)

No comments: