Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Stuff I SHOULD (distorted thought) do Today to Prepare for the Lion's Den (AKA Psychiatrist)

Do some writing, about Dr. Brinley, his manner, my fears, just about anything that has to do with him.

Write down my 3-4 main points about problems I have with things he said and did last time.

Do some CBT sheets on thoughts about Thursday's appointment (I have some thoughts of an old west style OK Corral type confrontation . . . lol. Would he be Doc Holladay? Hee hee hee . . .)

Then again, I can see still working with him IF he responds to me and doesn't just dismiss my problems from last time, and is open to the idea that HE may be MISSING something about ME. (And I'm NOT talking about the fact that he doesn't think I have one of the major diagnoses that my ologist thinks I have . . . the iatrist's view is skewed because he tends to be very confrontational and that brings out stuff in me that makes it look like THAT's my biggest problem, when it's not . . . ) I'm talking about that I try as HARD as I can to tell him what he needs to know, and he cuts me down for it; cuts me down for my best tries, as though I'm grasping out in left fields, and avoiding the matter at hand, when I'm actually telling him the best/most I can come up with . . .

Hey, you know what, this post itself is helping me come up with ways to explain some of my problems with him, TO him, that would probably desert me under pressure, as usual.

So that's good, right there/here.

Will I sleep tomorrow night? I hope so . . . Will Dr. Derry L. Brinley, D.O., be late by 20-40 minutes for his first appointment of the day Thursday (me!), again? Stay tuned . . . .

Do I wonder now if his name will come up in Google searches, and my "problems" with him might affect other potential patients of his? Hrmmm. It's not why I did it, but hey, I shouldn't haveta hide his name, either.

I do feel I am a person of integrity, though. I would hope that I'd be in a state of mind to where, if I'm really hurt and angry about Thursday's appointment, that I wouldn't just come and bash him here for the sake of just bashing and making him a negatively viewed target through Google . . . . That would be a mean thing to do to someone.

Still, I am relating my experiences. He did say last fall that he is always working on learning to be a better doctor, so I hope if I haveta remind him of that that maybe he'll calm down a little (I'll do it when I'm too scared to say anything else, and say, Hey, Dr. Brinley? You once told me this . . . is it still true? Cause I'm terrified to say anything right now . . . ) and hopefully it'll go over well, instead of like a me trying to make him think what I want or kind of a HEY you need to learn how to be a better doc from ME. Which I don't think. I just think he gets too personally defensive sometimes . . .

Anyhoo! Once more, into the breach, or is it breech? If I'm goin to bed, it's once more, out of the breeches . . . and into the frying pan? Or into the fire? I'm mixing metaphors and all that kinda crap again, I'd better go!!!

Except, ok, what else to do to prepare for Thurs?

Highlight the printout of what HIPAA says, that SR posted some links to, that the APA or something answered questions about in for psychiatrists, about what if they don't want to release records and stuff, (yes they do haveta! except psychotherapy notes), and what parts they DO have to release. I need to highlight those parts for him.

Ok. CBT, writing, writing down problems from last time, and highlighting the pertinent parts of the HIPAA printout.

Oh yeah. PRAY!!!!!

Make sure to take a half to a whole Xanax as I'm on the way up there Thurs morning . . . .

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good Luck

You are not alone

Anonymous said...

I hope you have better luck with Dr. Brinley than I did. I ended up filing a complaint with his supervisor because of his unprofessional conduct. I would never recommend him to anyone, he is crazy.