Monday, June 26, 2006

Just a little nervous . . .

Little = ALOT!

But, kinda cool knowing I did/am doing this. I dunno if I'll be a good advocate, but letting people know who are in authority in this state, that access to services has gone downhill, is the first, most alarming thing I think I could relate, and then ask em, so whatcha gonna do about it?

Er, not in that confrontational of a manner, of course, but I AM hoping to push for them to do something about it. At the very least, to raise the awareness of this sort of thing, because the squeaky wheel gets the grease . . . . when it comes to the state budget, and the seemingly constant cuts in mental health care funding, it'd be at least a step of progress if they didn't CUT anything, lol! Not that I have any delusions of grandeur that my action, here, will affect this huge issue much, in any of the ways I just mentioned, but HEY maybe it'll get it on someone's radar . . . .

Gonna sleep, and hope hope I do ok tomorrow and don't freeze (although, I could use a bit of colder weather . . . .)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you said reminded me of a conversation that I had a few years ago with a friend of mine who is a nurse and has done temp work in Mental Health sections of hosptials. Our conversation was prompted by the closing of a Mental Health Hospital in my area. My friend said that a lot of people hit by mental health problems that are dehibillitating are not people who have had a lot of time to build up a lot of savings and also a lot of times they do not have adequate coverage to pay for their care. So other health conditions such as heart surgery are so state of the art as hospitals are able to get paid better for these services as the population who needs these services generally are more stable in having a means to pay as in having a third party insurance compnay.