Friday, June 23, 2006

Update on the Radio Conversation with the Governor

Well, I called the phone number Governor Huntsman gave me.

The lady there asked me what it was concerning. I asked if she was Lisa, and she said no. And yet, she didn't give me her name? Anyway, side issue.

I told her Mental Health care, and she said, "Mental Health and Substance Abuse?" And I said, yeah, even though it had nothing to do with Substance Abuse, but I suppose that's probably a department title.

I said the Governor told me to talk to Lisa Michelle Church, but she said, "Have you had a chance to talk to our division head for this category", so and so? I can't remember the name. I said no . . . she said she'd transfer me there, and then also gave me the name of someone else to talk to.

While she was transferring me, I hung up just now. I was told to talk to a certain person by Governor Huntsman, and they are beaurocratically shuffling me around??? I got the sense from her that how dare I be presumptious (sp?) to want to bother Ms/Mrs? Church . . . maybe not so much of a, how dare you, but a DEFINITE sense that I was reaching far out of my place and appropriateness and level, in wanting to talk to her. I TOLD her the Governor said to talk to her!!!

I think she is the HEAD of the Dept. of Human Services for the State of Utah, I'll have to look that up. I think that I just had too much fear to talk to some people other than whom the Governor definitely wanted me to DIRECTLY talk to. He really was kindly emphatic about his desire that I get in touch with Lisa.

I think I made a mistake when I called, in saying what issues it was about. I think I'll call back in a bit, or tomorrow, and just emphatically request to speak with Lisa Church, and not say what it's regarding, or that I'm the same person this lady/screener/secretary? just dealt with.

Seriously, I got the beaurocratic shuffle coming across BIG time in this call, just now. And I think the Governor wanted to help me cut through that. If worse comes to worse, I'll say, hey, Governor Huntsman was emphatic that I speak with Lisa . . . he wanted me to tell HER exactly what I told HIM.

I guess we'll see how I do. I'll keep you updated (as if you are interested in what happens w/lil ole me, anyway . . . .)

No comments: