Friday, October 13, 2006

Like Pulling Teeth - A Giant's Teeth

Oh, geez, I've only been trying for what, three years, to get my records out of Davis Behavioral Health?

Nothing like County Government to make things move slower n' molasses at the North Pole.

I JUST missed the lady; she left for the day! So instead of potentially getting my records next Friday, if she had requested them today, they won't even be requested until next Friday, (the day I meet w/the lawyer) and won't have them until the Friday after, which is TOO FRICKIN LATE!

I filled out some forms mid-August to avoid all this last minute rigmarole . . .

Thing is, we have until five days before the hearing to get new information in, although the thick sheaf of papers I just rec'd in the mail says we can bring new info, or info that we weren't able to submit on time, to the hearing . . .

Bureacracy. UGH.

I was going to get this taken care of, and then be able to rest easy (well, as easy as can be given all my other anxieties about the hearing) until the hearing.

Nope. I knew I shoulda called at 1 today, when I thought of it, but I was tired and depressed and went to bed.

Now I'm going to worry horribly that this is going to screw the whole case up. See, I believe that if I did what I could to get these records, then the rest of the process would be in the Lord's hands. And SO, I'm jinxed (magical thinking, I know, but I still believe it) because of this; things will go badly because of this; that's my HUGE, IRRATIONAL fear. Actually, I did everything I could. I mean, my depression IS an illness, and I push myself within it but part of the problems I have in my depression is not having enough inside to do things. I did do this, on several occasions. Maybe if I'm lucky they are sitting on someone's desk.

Do you all think I failed, here? Or is it justifiable that my depression makes it so it takes awhile for me to work up to doing stuff, and it often is at the end of a day before I work up the nerve to call somewhere?

Shot my own self in the foot, I guess. Just call me Hop A Long.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out for you to get all the information in time. If you didn't put things off, then you wouldn't be normal. Well, most people I know procastinate.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised they can take that long. In Texas, they have (I think) 14 days to give you your records, or they get fined.

Pennsylvania Independent said...

It is the same way in Pennsylvania, they will screw you around for something. They would never give me any of my mental health records either after begging them.

Anonymous said...

pennsylvania independent, if you have a friend who is a doctor or psychologist have them sent to that person who can then give them to you. THey may be able to prevent you from getting mental health records by claiming it would be harmful to you, but they cannot deny another practitioner from getting them.

Sarebear said...

Too bad I don't have any, lol.

Anonymous said...

well, maybe you have a friend named, cough...cough...Dr. John Doe.

Sarebear said...

email me! it's in my profile.

you're funny. so'm I, so that's a compliment. 8^D