Monday, September 05, 2005

A Little Manic & Maybe OCD Silliness

Actor Crush of the Day: Hugh Laurie (Thanks Lizzie for reminding me of this!)

Yes I can have Two Crushes Of The Day if I so choose! And I DEFINITELY choose.

Looking forward to my psychologist appointment tomorrow.

Tuesday. Why does it seem like such a blah day? I thought that was Monday. Besides, I'm a SAHM, so it shouldn't really matter. If the trees would hurry up and get some color, that'd brighten up the landscape. I'll take it personally if they don't. 8^P

Fall. Is there a word that is the complete opposite, that isn't something dorky and clinical sounding like Arise, Rise, Up, etc?

The word Fall just conveys so much because of the season, but seriously, there ought to be some kind of opposite word that isn't too dorky. And no, Spring doesn't count because it isn't necessarily vertical; it can be just springing forward.

My mind latches onto wierd ideas like this sometimes.

Just going to brainstorm some opposites for Fall - up, away, rise, rising, lift, uplift, soar, raise, ascend, ARGH.

Ascend is the only one of the bunch that implies a fairly straight rising upwards. Or at least some sort of direction to it, the others could all be wafting all over the place like the feather in Forrest Gump. But it just doesn't seem to fit the purpose. Ugh, now it feels like an OCD thing and I have to figure out the "right" word.

Well, looking at this post, I can tell I am definitely going into my manic/silly/disjointed/where-the-heck did she come up with that mode?

Pardon any silliness that may come your way. You have been WARNED.

I don't really know that much about OCD yet but I certainly know about various compulsions I feel. Feel free to not provide any words if you don't want to play into any wierd compulsions I might have. Then again, it may just be a manifestation of my silly, manic, mood.

I hesitate to post this, for fear of ridicule, but it really is typical of some kinds of mania and/or OCD stuff that comes up. And since I want people to learn what it's like, I suppose I'll post it. Embarrassing though my silliness may be.

I do want to caution you, though, that you should not tell me anything about how I should or should not behave or act or whatever in regards to OCD. I don't know much about it yet, but from the little I've read, people's natural responses can be not so good a thing for the OCD sufferer. When I know more, I can refer people to appropriate sites and stuff about it.

You don't need to approve or disapprove of my behavior, or feel afraid of interacting with me or that you'll somehow make me worse. I just mention the above caution, so that you can have some idea of what not to do.

I admit that my post and ideas can be silly! Anyone seeing my silliness and acknowledging it will not offend or hurt me. As long as it is not mean-spirited.

3 comments:

Sarebear said...

Aw shucks! I feel like one of those black & white photos of a little girl, where just the cheeks have been colored in rose, and she's holding also a colored rose her boy "friend" just gave her.

Thanks sweetie. I love that you accept me no matter what. That has been a rare to nonexistant thing in my life. YOU are a treasure of a husband (plus, you do dishes too!). Hee hee.

LizzieDaisy said...

Hey there... saw your comment about Hugh Laurie and was going to look you up, but then got distracted by my stats when I saw "pie-bolar" which stuck out like a sore thumb. Turns out you are one in the same. And before you get bummed on the sore thumb thing, I'm bipolar as well. Fun ain't it? :)

Um, I don't mention it on my site (though I do mention I'm on meds and such in my 100 things about me), but if you ever need someone to bounce stuff off of, here I am. I used to post a lot at a bipolar board when I was worse off so nothing is new to me, even if I haven't gone through it myself. Jsyk.

I'll be back. I like your site, and besides, you never know what you might learn from someone.

Go Hugh! :)

Sarebear said...

Well, since it's a rollercoaster ride, fun can be one term for it . . . Lol. A sarcastic kind of fun, as I'm sure you know.

Thank you for the offer, I just may do that, I'm just beginning to learn about it and stuff, and going thru a lot of struggles right now.

Yay! I'm glad you like it. I knew nothing about HTML when I started a month ago and I'm picking it up as I go. See you around! I'll be back to yours, too!

Yeah, Hugh, don't let your guard down for your ex-wife again . . . you'll make me think you're getting SOFT! I mean House, the character Hugh plays. And I like him for all the same reasons you do. Plus that pic of him, with those intense blue eyes . . .how could one not just go completely head over heels? (Scott, dont get TOO jealous . . . .heehee).