Friday, January 06, 2006

BCC and Post on Depression (including a poem by Moi)

Actor Crush of the Day: Matthew Fox

Some of you have read this poem before, especially as it is the first post of my blog, way back in August 2005.

It is included at the end of a post by a guest poster at BCC named Hannah. I could connect with EVERYTHING she said, because it has SO been my experience. Please go read. I hope it fosters a further understanding of how it feels to be this way; perhaps illuminates something that you haven't thought about, conceived, or connected with, before.

Click the post title to go there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was very moved by your poem. As I may have told you, I am the poetry moderator at an LDS site. That does not really make me an authority on poetry. I do write poetry and it is such a way for me to express myself. Yet, I have not reached such depth as you have in my poetry. I hope that you feel that your cries are no longer silent now that you have this outlet and also good outlets. I listened to a talk on the BYU channel that discussed how some people really suffer from self-loathing. I am so sorry that you and Hannah have experienced that to such a degree. I am glad that there is more understanding of depression as it is so apparent that misunderstanding only causes more pain and heartache for those already seriously afflicted. I am so glad that BCC has done such a fine job in this series. Also M* has had some good articles of late on the matter.

Sarebear said...

Thank you. Yes they have, both of them. I appreciate your comment, it makes me feel good.

Anonymous said...

Sara, had I mentioned your eloquence is stunning?!

I hope you post more of your poetry =)