Thursday, January 26, 2006

My Daughter Tied Shoelaces For the First Time!

Actor Crush of the Day: Matthew Fox

Awesome! She came home today with this Learn to Tie Your Shoes thing we had ordered from a Scholastic Book Flyer for her.

First, I went through the Bunny Ears method with her, and we weren't having much luck. I walked away for ONE minute, I come back, and they are tied!!!

I said, "Did you do that?" and she said, "Yes, I did it Mommy!"

She had turned to the directions for the Loop the Loop method, and followed each of those steps and tied them!

No matter how much explaining and showing and helping we've done with her and her own shoes, it hadn't happened yet. I really think having the two different sides of laces be different colors, and shown that way in the instructions, was just the "trick" that she needed for everything to click!

I am so proud of her. She is SO smart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grnmasaid. . . Yay for Emily . . . and for Sare!

Anonymous said...

Great! What a colorful pair of shoes to learn with! :)